Our fine facilities would be wasted without knowledgeable people with commitment to service and integrity. At LSID, you’ll find mature professionals who are carefully selected, well informed and fully trained to serve you. LSID maintains strong local management in each of our locations to ensure speedy decision-making and responsive service.
Services can be chosen to meet your specific needs. Give us a call today to discuss your transportation and logistics needs
One of LSI’s specialties is LCL temperature control door delivery services. LSI covers the State of Texas and parts of Oklahoma on a weekly bases between LSI’s two locations in Texas (Houston & Dallas). LSI’s rate schedule and deliveries are put together based on commodity and three digit zip code areas what we service.
We are affiliated with the only company in the South that handles direct discharge, cut to length operations, terminal and rail operations, and local and over the road trucking in the steel industry here in Houston, Texas.
1) Cut to length operations: 2 leveling lines that can level and cut 16g through 1/2 x 96 plate. The leveling lines are located at the Port of Houston turning basin with access to barge, ship, rail, and truck. The leveling lines are kept in a 48,000 sq ft warehouse that features 2 overhead cranes, 2 truck bays and a myriad of supplies to handle up to 65,000lbs coils and lengths up to 65ft. We have 3 forklifts that can handle over 55,000lbs each.
2) Steel terminal operations: Located on approx 50 acres split between the Port of Houston turning basin and Greensport Terminals. In addition to the 48,000 sq ft warehouse at the Turning Basin we have 80,000 sq ft under roof at Greensport. Both locations are served by ship, rail, barge, and truck. We have a 20 car rail spur at Greensport and a 12 car rail spur at the Port of Houston. Steel beams, coils, plate, square tubing, channels, and pipe are a few of the items we are able to handle and store. We operate out terminal with a total of 9 forklifts spread throughout the various yards. We can strip and stuff containers, cut mill plate, cut, bevel, and recondition pipe and package any steel products to our customers specifications.
3) Trucking operations: For this division we own 25 trucks and approx 65 trailers. We also have leased drivers when necessary. Our main focus is to catch direct discharge from rail, ship, or barge and redeliver to local customers generally within a 30 mile radius of the Port of Houston. We will also go over the road to Dallas, San Antonio and Beaumont. We are contracted to deliver cut plate to our customers and our customer’s customers. We work seven days a week to catch vessels from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
4) Internal controls: We are renowned for our internal controls and inventory reconciliation. We have a motor home that we take to the various docks and set up a “mobile office”. This allows us to input packing lists and shipping documentation into our network and access the information in real time from a laptop computer to avoid mistakes hat might occur right at the vessel. Once the material is received in our yards a receiving report is generated and each transaction is monitored by a staff of 4 inventory control specialists. Each transaction is then either faxed or emailed to the customer the following day. At the end of the month a report is generated to each customer on what material is still in the yards or warehouses.
- Public Warehousing and Contract Management Services
- 24-Hour Operation
- Food Grade Sanitation Program exceeding local, federal and customers standards
- Consolidation Program
- Pool Distribution
- Rack Storage Available
- Secure Outside Storage
- Computerized Inventory Control & Order Processing with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) capacity
- Roll Clamp, Carton Clamp and Slip-Sheet Service
- Productivity Management against Pre-Engineered Standards (STV)
- Cross-Docking Services
Cargo Handling and Transportation:
- Fast & Efficient
- In-House Customs Clearance
- US Customs & Port Knowledge
- Constant Communications
- Licensed Vehicles
- Full Range of Vehicle Capabilities
- Bonded Warehouse
- In-Bond or Formal Customs Entries
- Packaging/Palletizing Services
- Stores/Spares Consolidation
- Storage Services (Short and Long Term)
- Container Handling Services
- One-Stop Shop – All your services in one place
- Special Projects are our specialty
- Network of partners and affiliates
- Emailed Job Confirmations
- Detailed, Clear Billing
Services and Facilities:
- 10,000 Sq. Ft. Covered Warehouse Space
- Extensive Outside Storage
- Container Handling (Packing/Stripping)
- Crane & Forklift Services